Originally Posted by rost495
subs work for me on deer out to 175 yards... not sure at all where the idea is they ain't good past 50...? They do drop but the energy is fine, and the 194 lehighs retain close to 100% weight and have never not opened and generally about 2.5x expansion . Just as an FYI.

Not saying you can't kill something with subs out at 50-100+ but in defense of the supers, they would be a faster, flatter trajectory, and easier to predict impact point down range. Honestly, this is one of those things that people could argue about for 10 pages as usual on the campfire. I'm just listening to peoples' advice. And although I do read that the subs would be noticeably quieter suppressed, especially in an enclosed space, I can see the argument for the supers as well. If there are offerings that provide less likelihood of over penetration, have higher terminal kinetic energy in the target, and also provides some additional flatter trajectory ballistics in case the fight ends up outside, they are certainly worth considering imo.

Thanks for everyone's input,
Rob

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE