Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Originally Posted by Yondering
Are you wanting advice on how to tune it, or what parts to use, or ??
Are you handloading or buying factory ammo?

Just wondering if people had experience to share with adjustable gas blocks and whether it worked well or if they would recommend just buying a weapon already custom built for this purpose. I'm also wondering if people find that the adjustable gas blocks have to be re "tuned" over time due to things like carbon build up in the tubing and a suppressor affecting back pressure. Not sure about factory or hand loading but either way, I will likely make a pick of a load/road and just keep it consistent. I'd rather have consistent behavior and leave the low moa pursuit to my longer range rifles.

Yes, a bunch of us here have experience with adjustable gas blocks. I wouldn't expect to need one for a short barrel 300 Blk setup unless you're trying to use heavy bullet supersonic loads. It depends on your barrel though. Set it up with all standard carbine parts, and if it's overgassed, use an adjustable gas block.

I use simple set screw adjustable blocks to set it once and forget it, and have not had to go back and re-tune any of them. I won't pay more than ~$50 for one of these.

I would not recommend a 7.5" barrel unless you're willing to sacrifice significant ballistics for an inch or two of compactness. 9" to 12" is the sweet spot for this cartridge, with longer barrels being quieter when suppressed.

Greentimber's advice above is good too.

Last edited by Yondering; 12/09/16.