Originally Posted by David_Walter
It will be if you have to shoot, move and communicate.

Even ear muffs with an electronic cut-off are better than nothing.

I suspect you may have fired a rifle in an enclosed environment, but its a one-time and hearing loss event.

That's why the Marines are looking at cans on every M4.

Ditto with flash. Not an issue if you fire once, but a firefight is a completely different issue.

A can solves both.

I never would consider the house as the same as combat... I'd assume... yeah I used the word, that a shot or two and generally the incident is stalled. I would not have to expect to communicate after shooting or during, there is only one other person in our house.

But that doesn't mean that after I"m finished with the 300/221 AR upper that I started 3 years ago, I won't have it sitting by the bed with the can on.

Not sure I'd have time to put on muffs and turn them on. Though the cur generally doesn't sleep through much...

I have fired both handguns and long guns in buildings. I don't envy that. It may be part of why I need hearing aids I think the dr said on the last visit, it was hard to understand him....

Point was though if I deem it needed to kill someone in my home, thats serious enough that I"ll take the hearing loss if it comes with it.

Obviously like anything else if I can avoid the noise or shooting someone I will do my best.

Having to shoot someone is beyond the very last thign on my list that I"d ever want to have to do.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....