If you plan to hunt small game, a .22 makes a good choice. If it's more for defensive purposes (including rabid raccoons), I would go with something bigger. Based on your reloading/ammo situation a .357 makes sense. I don't carry revolvers anymore, but had a S&W 60 3" with adjustable sights that was very good in that role. An SP-101 would be great as well. I would not buy a Rossi, because I did once. It proved that revolvers are not the be all end all in reliability.

There are lots of great pistols out there, but it is very hard to beat the G19 for all around effectiveness if you decide to go with a different caliber. Empty it is about the same weight as my 60 empty, but with vastly more firepower, much more controllable and easier to hit with for me. Depending on loads, the difference in power is not significant. You can get hard hitting 158 - 180 grain .357 loads that far outpace the 9mm, but they are not fun or easy to shoot in a light revolver and not needed for your described uses.