Originally Posted by Martyf
Interesting. What do you think it might be? I'm a fellow northern Californian.

I don't have the foggiest idea. That's what bothers me.

I grew up in the woods, my family had a fishing lodge 40 miles from town. We weren't merely rural, we were "mountain." Last house on the road surrounded by National Forest land. I spent my spare time hunting and fishing. In high school I was a biology geek, spent most of my spare time in the lab studying plants and animals. Even in college, despite switching to computers, I took as much biology as I could fit in. I should know every damned critter out there ... I don't know this one.

People may laugh at this, but I don't think it is bigfoot. I've seen 2, probably a 3rd. I follow up on reports, I go look for them. Despite KNOWING they're there, I give less than 50% chance that's what I heard.

It doesn't sound like them. No scream, no yell, no holler. From 2-1/4 miles minimum, it was a loud "ahhhhh" sound like the doc tells you to make, maybe a little bit lower, more "breath-y" (if you've had voice lessons, you'll understand), and at that distance, still had a remaining volume about equivalent of two people standing 10 feet apart talking at a comfortable level.

I have that on audio recorder. smile I may well be crazy, but my audio recorder isn't, it's just a machine.

I dunno. I really don't know. I can't think of anything reasonable that it could be. I'm not even sure I can think of anything UN-reasonable it could be, but I'm stuck with that audio recording.

There IS something out there. Heard it twice. I know where the first one came from, maybe the 2nd, so I'm using trail cams to try to catch it. I don't really know what else to do.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...