Originally Posted by szihn
One thing that is often overlooked with the 9.3X62 is how easy it is to get one by simply rebarreling about any 30-06.
I want to make one for myself in the coming year, and I will build the whole rifle from a GEW length M98 Mauser. But I also have 3 friends that want 9.3s and all have said they will just have me swap out their existing barrels on their 2 30-06s and one 270. Fast, easy and fairly inexpensive to do.

I am now "poking" Green Mountain Barrel Co. They told me that if they got a call for 100 of them they would tool up and make them.
So it's probably worth your time to make a phone call to them and tell them you are interested if you want one.

Off topic, but the easiest way to end up with a 9.3x62mm when a 30-06 is involved is by sending it to JES. They will re-bore your 30-06 to 9.3x62mm lickity fu ckin split. The cost is a hellofalot less than re-barreling too. However, you are a newbie and pretty late to this game. Or so it seems... wink. Since this is an old thread, I've probably already voted, but if I haven't I'll vote CZ for accuracy, and Ruger m77 for simplicity. I prefer the safety and trigger on the Ruger over the CZ, but the CZ is going to kick the Rugers azz when it comes to consistent accuracy. My last CZ550 was a 9.3x62mm and I sent it packing because around here, the mighty 30-06 loaded with 200gr. partitions will do anything the 9.3 will do... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA