It much depends on your own personal wants. I spent a bunch of time looking for a factory 9.3x62 to best fit my wants out of the box. I was looking at importing a Mauser, the new CZ Kevlar Carbine, the new Ruger African, and the new Sako Black Bear. All of them are or could be great sporting rifles, but I chose the Sako. The Ruger was too heavy for my tastes in that chambering, whereas the CZ Kevlar Carbine was better for me at 7-pounds. I look at the CZ as a project in a box based on my past 550s, therefore I went the Sako route. Based on my wants, the Sako is the best choice with the CZ being a good choice on the cheap.

For someone else's wants, I could see where the box stock Ruger could be a perfect choice. As for the newer Ruger, I've owned two later RSMs, two Africans, and a RCM; none of those five were gritty, and all were smooth out the box. Not slick like a worked over custom, but very smooth.

Best smile

Last edited by GaryVA; 06/29/11.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood