Originally Posted by JGray
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Jgray: That sure is a nice Ruger. How much does it weigh? I'm surprised it weighs more than your CZ. My CZ550 American was a tank. The things I didn't really like about it, was the weight and the balance wasn't quite right. I also don't like the safety lever. Nevertheless, it was a real shooter...

It's been a few years, but as I recall the Ruger (bare rifle) is real close to 8 lbs and the CZ around 7.5 lbs. Every 550 American I've handled felt like a 'tank' to me also. I don't get that feeling with the Lux models - the hump back stock feels trimmer and handles better for me.

If you look back in this thread to my post in 2011, I had hands on examples of both the Ruger and CZ Kevlar Carbine. The Kevlar Carbine ran about 7-pounds, with the Ruger running about a pound heavier. After looking at a Mauser, Ruger, and CZ, I ended up importing a Sako carbine.

Straight out the box, the CZ Kevlar Carbine was a very nice workable package. Not sure they make them anymore.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood