Originally Posted by fourbore
I just visited a Cabelas and there was a whole rack of Zastava M70 in 270 and 30-06. Now, I have to do 180 degree reversal. Again!!! I am lucky not to be a politician and I can change my mind. The price was 399.99. This gun is worth that all day.

I was looking at one with a guy next to me commented he might buy one just for the action. It is a honest 98 Mauser action. The metal finish was good. Real blue, no matt garbage. The crown looked right the ones I picked up. Now the stocks ... funny. They ran the gamut from plain yellow featureless wood to one that might be an honest AA walnut. I notice the wood to metal had a few minor gaps. One of the better stocks had machine chatter marks on the cheek rest. The very best wood was perfectly finished. The rear sight would need to have the notch filed open for me.

So, if I saw a 9.3x62 with AA walnut in a Zestava M70. I would slap down the plastic. I mean what the heck. See what $400 buys these days in plastic stocks and matt finish.

You are right. The Zastava's are pretty rough, but well worth their asking price. The one chambered in 9.3x62mm that I had at the range shot 1 1/2" 3 shot groups with factory ammo. It did kick a lot harder than my CZ though, probably due to stock shape and it being considerably lighter than the CZ550...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA