He clearly intended the title to be inflammatory, because he immediately states that the .45 doesn't suck. He just said it has the "least advantages" of any of the common combat cartridges. And while there is "some logic" to what he says, you have to split to prety fine hairs to acknowledge said logic.

To me, the whole cartridge debate is about splitting pretty fine hairs. I mean, you just can't dispute the performance record of the .45 ACP. Sure, on paper you can find some imperfections...you can also find that with any other cartridge. But CLEARLY not only does the .45 ACP get the job done, but it has done it so well that to many the .45 ACP's performance is THE benchmark of what you would want in a self defense cartridge. Is it perfect? Nope, but neither is any other cartridge. So I guess we'll have to settle for DAMN GOOD.

So while I see no point in arguing "best", I will take issue if people actually said the .45 ACP is a bad cartridge.

But all this is splitting very fine hairs. By ANY measure, the .45 ACP is an excellent self defense cartridge.