Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Gladesman,

I've just barely started experimenting with the 162 ELD-X in the 7mm-08 and 7x57, but have been shooting the 160 Sierra GameKing for years at 2700 from the 7x57. Have tried a bunch of bullet weights and eventually decided around 160 grains works great, partly because the moderate muzzle velocity doesn't put too much stress on cup-and-cores at modest ranges, yet performance is very good at longer ranges too. Have used the 160 GameKing out to 400 with fine results, but we'll see how the 162 Hornady does.

I'm going to try some ELD-X 162's in a 7-08 eventually. I'd appreciate hearing your findings on it when you've rung it out.

As you know, another cup and core that works well is the 139 Interlock. I've used it on hogs at powder burn ranges and out to 450 yards on antelope in the 7-08. It's worked like a champ on deer, hogs and antelope and it's cheap and accurate too. I've hunted hunted elk too with it with confidence but just didn't find the elk those days. But I have no doubt it'd work great.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain