I'm home and unpacked- for the most part. Was a great weekend; amazing weather- never had to put a jacket on, storm never materialized. NO wind on Friday for sighing in rifles. We ate well as usual. I grilled up an entire side of beef-it seems, on mesquite wood coals. Kent grilled up fresh caught smallmouths and we had Mexican food before that. We had biscuits & gravy, eggs, bacon, sausage, chilies, left over steak potatoes and a bottomless pot of coffee for breakfasts.

We burned lots of powder; sitting at benches, rolling in the dirt and even shot standing up. We shot 22s, 17s, AR-15s and various hunting rifles. A little bit of handgun shooting went on- far less than when BColorado comes! A 90-year-old 22 proved to be quite the shooter- peep sights and all.

Sat around the campfire, mesquite stoked of course, and compared notes talked about past get-togethers and planned new ones. A few javelina hunters drove by but otherwise we were not bothered by anybody. The moon was so bright we didn't even need to get the lanterns out!

There was no Louisiana 'shine this year but a few beers were tipped back, I saw a bottle of Dickels somewhere and Milo brought a couple bottles of Amarulla. The Amarulla came complete with the cutest little red solo cups I have ever seen!

Nobody got snakebit, shot or chainsawed! Miles did burn his arm pretty good before we all got there. Hard to imagine a better weekend!

I took no photos so Seafire and Mudhen will have to fill in with some photos when they get home.

For some reason my dog is even tired!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.