After spending Sunday night and Monday night in Payson with my sister-in-law and family, I started toward California today, by way of Prescott.

At Dennis's urging, I dropped in on Dan Pedersen (Classic Barrel & Gunworks in Prescott). When I asked him to look at my Sedgley Springfield his face lit up. Then when I told him Dennis had urged me to bring it to him, his face lit up again.

Dennis, Dan says you are overdue to visit Prescott!

Dan has a particular interest in Sedgleys and has one of his own, that he acquired by luck. He shared the story. Briefly, he was offered a sporterized Springfield sight unseen at a price too good to pass up, for less than the value of the action alone. When it arrived in his hands it turned out to be a Sedgley. How's that for a stroke of luck?

Anyway, I had a very pleasant visit with Dan and left the rifle with him. He is going to refurbish it and improve it, while keeping the old-school look and classy style intact. When he is done and it has been re-blued, and with the new recoil pad and front sight with ramp, it will look like a nearly new, 80-year-old classic rifle.

Tonight I am in the KOA camp in Kingman, Arizona, and still about 800 miles from home. The weather is beautiful so far, but I will arrive in northern California just in time for the next series of rain storms.

I had a great four days at Tonto Basin with a fine bunch of guys that made the trip a special time for me. Miles, I am glad you made it home safe. Did you get that left turn signal on the trailer fixed? The old drivers hand signals aren't fun when it is raining and you have to stick your arm out the window.

I will get some pictures up in a few days after I get home.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra