Here, clanging the gong at 128 yards with their 22s are Nifty-250 (Milo) and Dennisinaz (Dennis) in the back.

[Linked Image]

The shooting matches were a lot of fun. The long-range 22 rimfire shoot was won by Talus (Jeff P.) shooting his CZ-452 Sporter.

The one-shot prairie dog shoot (146 yds) was won by Dennisinaz (Dennis) shooting a CZ-452 Varmint 22 LR, winning against the centerfire rifles.

The short-range open-sight 22 shoot was won by CCCC (Paul) shooting a Mossberg, I believe.

The evening meal was preceded by the saying of the Pledge of Allegiance, and then a Blessing for the meal. After the meal a not-so-serious award ceremony was held and then a serious toast was made to Ken Howell and others that could not be present with us that night. The group shared strong feelings of fellowship and all looked forward to future get-togethers with our Campfire friends.

On Sunday afternoon some rain clouds started moving in as everybody packed up to leave. I headed 40 miles up the mountains to spend a couple of days with some family in Payson.

When I got up Monday morning and stepped out of my small RV to walk the dog, this is the colorful dawn sky that welcomed me. Arizona has its own unique beauty in many forms.

[Linked Image]

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra