First let me say that all of my centerfire rifles are fitted with Leupold scopes. I've used them for years with out issue. So I am a fan.

My latest Leupold purchase is a VX2 3-9X40 CDS unit. It was bought NIB but the erector system seems to be out of whack. The windage especially. Move it 4 clicks and it will move 2 to 4 inches. Hey, it happens to the best of them and Leupold's warranty is second to none.

So I fill out the online form and send it in. UPS Tracking says it was delivered on 31 Jan. Two weeks later, after two phone calls, they say it was received. That is all the rep on the phone can tell me. No other status available. OK, so they're very busy.

Then I ask what the SOP is. Will they tell me when it is finished? Will they tell me when it is being shipped back? Will I get a phone call or email or? They have no answer. They don't seem to have any SOP in place. I'm told they may send a post card, or they may email me, or maybe I will receive no notification at all. What?!

So, I guess if I haven't heard anything by June maybe I should call again?! A company that big with that good a reputation and they have no Standard Communication Operating Procedures?!

Is this the norm for Big L? What has been your experience and what should I expect?

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)