Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven

So I fill out the online form and send it in. UPS Tracking says it was delivered on 31 Jan. Two weeks later, after two phone calls, they say it was received. That is all the rep on the phone can tell me. No other status available. OK, so they're very busy.

Then I ask what the SOP is. Will they tell me when it is finished? Will they tell me when it is being shipped back? Will I get a phone call or email or? They have no answer. They don't seem to have any SOP in place. I'm told they may send a post card, or they may email me, or maybe I will receive no notification at all. What?!

They do have a SOP and they relayed same to you. You will either get a postcard, e-mail or the scope will show up in the the mail. You asked, how will I be notified and they told you. You don't seem to be satisfied and that's OK, but that is their standard

I beg to differ sir. How can "you may get a post card or you may get an email, or it may just show up" be considered an SOP? Perhaps their SOP stands for Sorry Old Program rather than Standard Operating Procedure?

If they had a standard it would be ONE of these not a bunch of maybes.

Granted I am not very patient, but after two weeks I thought that perhaps they had my email address wrong or perhaps it was delivered to the wrong place.

In any event let me provide you all with an update;

No communication has been received and no scope has been returned. So, I may conclude that the true SOP is nothing.
A little mystery adds spice to life, right?

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)