Originally Posted by moosemike
Cremation. I'm claustrophobic and the thought of being buried in a casket totally freaks me out.

Had this discussion with my mother.... Who is typically British in all ways BTW

Do you want to be buried? OOOh NO! I couldn't stand to be put in the cold, damp ground, could I!?!?!

OK! You want to be cremated? The thought of being burned up is horrible!!!!

Alright! ??? What's left?? How about burial at sea??

Well.... I can't swim, can I???

WE have agreed she will be cremated.

As for me and the missus...... we will be cremated, the girls can take whats left and throw it off a cruise ship in AK, we'll pay for the trip.

have informed ALL, that is all no exceptions. If you put me in charge of your final affairs there will be NO, repeat NO open casket, viewing, whatever..... you want one....pick someone else.

A side story:

I was a Flight School manager at the local FBO for a while, charter pilot, Flight instructor, etc.

Got a call from a guy that wanted to fly about 30 miles off shore, over the Gulf, and then come back.

OK! come on down.

Couple hours later a priest shows up???? Carrying a box?

So we load up in the Skyhawk and off we go.

Once we pass the edge of the Sawgrass, about a mile past dry land, he says this is far enough!?!?!

So I open his window and just as I begin to explain----- '...I'll open my side add a little right rudder, get a some flow through ventilation, then you can pour...'

All I got out was '...I'll open.............' and then there is this dust storm of a tornado inside, and it sounds like we're flying through a hail storm as 'stuff' blows in, rattles around and some hits the tail.......

he had the bits and pieces of 'several'..... and not sure about which, what and who....but a lot ended up in the shop-vac.....

Plan well, and leave specifics.....

Last year scattered my BIL - around a pine tree in the Game Preserve, it's what he wanted...

Last edited by muffin; 02/26/17.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )