Make sure you write something down if you really want it.
Grandma died 2 months ago and refused to address it. Owed about $350K on her death and didn't have anything other than a beat up old car to liquidate for funeral expenses. So, dad wanted a cremation, his siblings didn't have their own pots to piss in either, so they were in no position to argue.... until they did anyway.
Aunt first asked for her own urn for grandma (what she was going to do with it, as she was about to be homeless, I don't know). She also demanded her car for something to live in.
Funeral home had signatures from three of the 4 siblings, so was going to do the cremation until aunt blew up and pitched a fit. They then refused to cremate until she signed on. And she never did.
Went from having about enough to sell her car to pay for cremation to my dad shelling out $7K for a 3rd time on a parent and step parent. She was a veteran widow, plot was taken care of. Bare bones on about everything.
Just have enough to take care of your final wishes and write it down. I'm quite certain he won't be stepping up to pay for funerals on any of the other relatives. Good riddance to them. It was the last straw I needed to cut ties with those pieces schit anyway.

Last edited by exbiologist; 02/27/17.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter