Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by muffin
And then there is the autopsy thing........ it amazes me the number that just have to know the exact reason why????

They're gone, does the why matter that much? Again it is a very personal thing... some just have to have it.

Some states have laws (mine included) that state if the death isn't of natural causes, an autopsy will be ordered.

Many families do it to determine cause of death when malpractice is suspected.

not to wax too morbid, but malpractice of one kind, type, sort or another is always a possibility, right? i mean, somebody somewhere did something wrong, or they wouldn't be dead, would they? the ambulance chasers are always lookin' for a cheap buck.

but, to shift to a more chirpy discussion, i worked w/a dude that his wife had the right attitude about death. when she passed, she asked her husband to roll her body in the casket into their carport. put all the clothes in her closet on her. then let the party begin. fun, celebration, & remembrance. before the party was complete everyone had a chance to line up and take one article of clothing from her body...top, bottom, socks, shoes, rings, bracelets, watches (especially the watches), etc. etc. hair pins, bows, glasses...you name it and it's yours. once everyone had a turn, and maybe some second chances at a double take, there'd not be a stich of anything left on her. at that point close the casket, party over...as everyone had something to remember her by. not a bad concept, really. and fun was had by all.