My family has a block of plots in a small rural cemetery outside of Boise, ID. The cemetery is on land homesteaded by my great grandfather who sold a few acres to the county for that purpose. They will allow up two 4 urns on each plot so in recent years everyone buried there has been cremated to save space. My 1st wife died in '06 and is buried there. Earlier that year my father died and is also there.

My wife kept up a sense of humor about it. During Dad's burial, we were looking at the plot where we knew she would be be buried in the near future. She said to me "You're young enough that you'll likely remarry. There's plenty of room in there for 3 of us."

Speaking of expenses... When she died, cremations cost $1300. You can't find much of a pine box for that. Then, if you don't get a steel casket, you have to buy a vault. One or the other is required by most cemeteries. It has nothing to do with preserving the body. It's because they don't want the ground sinking as the casket deteriorates.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.