I had this boot 2 years ago but I didn't like them . I used only 2 months . They are not good for winters days . After that one of my expert friend recommended Lowa Men's Tibet GTX . They are, hands down, the best boots I've ever owned. I have been breaking them in over the last few weeks and have been amazed at how they fit and wear. This is not what I would call a lightweight boot, but you hardly can tell that you are wearing them.I started wearing them a few hours a days around the house and then out on some short hikes to break them in. Absolutely no hotspots, rubs, etc. I wear a size 10.5M to 11M shoe/boot normally, and I purchased these in an 11. The fit is perfect. Perhaps a little extra room in the toe than typical, but that does leave room for a heavier sock if necessary.

GTX bootie has been truly waterproof. I have worn them through some slop already and my feet stayed dry. The only thing I will say about the GTX is that it makes this a warm boot. Even though it isn't insulated, with the right sock(s), these boots would be adequate for all but the coldest of days