I've used Bean Boots for over 30 years and find them to be, in general, damp, cold, or both. Since they have rubber bottoms, they don't breath and if your socks don't wick the moisture away, you're going to have damp/wet feet. If the weather is cold and you slow down or stop, you're going to have damp/wet/cold feet. They don't provide much support for your feet, so a properly fitted/shaped pair of insoles is critical if you're going to walk very far in them. The "chain" pattern soles don't have much of a tread profile when they are new and since they are made from a soft rubber compound, they wear very quickly on rocky ground or pavement. These days, I generally prefer a boot with Gore-Tex and cordura in its construction in lieu of all leather or a rubber bottom "pac" boot. However, boots are a very personal piece of gear and what works well for 1 person is often 180-degrees out from the preference of another, so my experience is very likely not a reflection of what your experience might be.

Jeff