Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
LL Bean boots are perfect for what their intended purpose - active hunting in wet conditions. I have worn them for over 40 years for dog walking and bird hunting. Yes, there are newer alternatives like Muck boots, and I have those, too. However, the advantage of LL Bean boots is that you are able to tighten up the top of the boot on your calves and water won't pour into the boot if you go into water over the top of your boots. I bird hunt in both my LL Bean boots (14" variety, no longer offered) and my 15" Much boots.

I have stepped into water over my boot tops, and wearing the Bean boots meant that I was able to keep hunting. I didn't get a "soaker", and have to quit hunting.

Regarding the original question - are the Cabela's knock-offs any good - that has been answered above. LL Bean has rebuilt many pairs of Bean boots for me over the years. They stand behind their products.

Worth repeating and I'll add they are my bird hunting boot of choice down here in Georgia.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”