In 2007 when the RCM's came out people were saying they wouldn't be around in 10 years, and they are still here. You can find them on most gun sites, and you can find the ammunition on most gun sites too. The special powders are available now too, but from what I understand many reloaders are staying with normal powders to replicate the .300 h&h magnum instead of the special powders to replicate the .300 winmag. Also they are using the normal powders to replicate the .338-06 instead of the special powders to replicate the .338 winmag.

I have never understood the disappearing caliber fear. I have a SS .338 RCM as well with a "22 inch barrel, and I just love it! I will die owning this rifle! I bought 12 boxes of Hornady .225 SST's, and they are awesome! I am buying 3 more boxes to have an even 300 rounds. I use this rifle for hunting, and shoot it 6 or 7 times a year, and I may have to reload it in 40 years if I don't by 10 more boxes by then.

Ruger and Hornady put some thought into these calibers. They replicate some great previous calibers: .300 h&h magnum, and .338-06. They offer magnum performance in a .308 Winchester size cartridge with minimal recoil, and not to mention the performance when hunting!

I've never heard anything but positive comments about performance from RCM owners! In my opinion these are some of the most interesting, and brilliant calibers to come out in a very long time, and they were created by two highly respected company's in the sporting fields community!