[quote=
The looney side of me would like to see a 6.5 rcm based off the shorter 338 rcm case not the 300.
[/quote]

Burleyboy,
I like the way you think. If I can attach the image I can show you a 6.5x338 RCM compared with the 6.5 Rem mag and the 6.5-284(Sorry, no photobucket). These cartridges essentially are kissing cousins as to performance. The 6.5 RCM, unlike the 6.5-284 or the 6.5 Rem mag, can fit the 140's into a short action magazine and feeds flawlessly. Both the form and subsequent function will remain appealing. Regarding the 338 RCM itself, I found it to be a great round. Like you, I have stock piled 338 rcm brass and not really concerned regarding the commercial success. I built my RCM's on the Rem 700 and a Stiller predator not that I dislike Rugers but only because of being more familiar with the 700's. In addition, with the extended magazines, you can really seat the bullet out there. If that makes me a rifle loony, so be it, but I'm having fun.

I'm primarily a lurker on this site and enjoy the diverse points of view for enlightenment. With that said, I hope I'm not out of line when I state a preemptive GFY for deflave in the event that he may following this post.

MVC