Great. They designed another rifle 2+1 capacity. Not buying.

All these years I'd been laboring under the apparent misapprehension, that one needed a magnum so the first shot would neatly halve whatever the targeted game animal was?

Who realized magazine capacity was also an issue? ;O)

MD pretty much covered the silliness of the past several decades and some of the cartridge/rifle combos that've hit the market (and then faded away).

That occurs to me each time I walk into a gun shop and see a table with "last year's" innovations marked down below retail. One time it was Rem. UMs at fire sale prices. Then assorted shortmags from various manufacturers. Haven't seen any lately, which is either good or bad, depending on one's perspective.

But somewhere there lurks a marketing genius that will eventually stumble onto the next, great thing to inflict us with.

I'm pretty much a skinflint, so have been spared the agony of "keeping up". Have nothing more powerful or exotic, than some 30-06s. A few of which are older than I am. All still kill chit dead, which in my case is deer.

The little stuff ranges from rifles in 22LR, to the wee centerfires in Hornet, 222 and 223. Close enough. Still recall the day some years ago, when I entered a favorite shop and a guy waved a 204 cartidge at me, insisted this was the shape of things to come. Asked him what it was good for, that I didn't already have covered before he was out of diapers? He put it down and let me be.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.