JB, I agree w Mcoleman.
Second, I could be very happy if I were forced to use a 7x57 or 6.5x55 the rest of my life for all game, if in a quality rifle, properly scoped, and with a lifetime supply of quality brass and bullets.

I suppose Lapua Brass and 140 6.5/160 7mm Nosler Partitions might scale back the SKU's wink

Wait, I like the trimmer package in a short action w/near same same ballistics...such defines me as a Loony I suppose wink

Life sure would be boring if the only thing I had were a 30/06 or 308, though one could likely do far worse. Just so you know, it pains me to say that, b/c they are great all around - rounds, just enjoy the lesser recoil of 6-7mm's that kill fine for me w/shot placement. No doubt, I think the large big game hunters are full of options in 30 and 338. I applaud the industry in investing in new products, but they should poll the public to find needs and wants. Ruger was listening to folks as directed by upper management the last time I was at a Shot Show - that was the year they were bringing out the RCMs, and when Hornady was doing the 30TC. They were likely attempting to jump on a misperceived trend, that was more a short lived fad.

Re: the 260 - it's a great round in many ways, and I won't argue JB, the Creedmoor is a better design. But that said, Big Green had an opportunity that they failed to capitalize. Over on another forum the 260 is all the rage and many 308 fans have made the switch. Instead of having a Heavy barrel option for those shooters, all Big Green offers is the 223 and 308 in many rifles. The 223 is smaller than I want for most of what I do, and the 308 larger. So there is a void - no 6mm or 6.5mm for a strong growing trend of shooters who want to punch paper, steel, varmints and deer near and far with minimal recoil, flat trajectory, and good accuracy/shootability. I never am ceased to be amazed at the blunders of such a large company. Perhaps once shooters ran the company, now it's bean counters. The 6BR and 22BR had alot of opportunity, as others, but they dropped the ball. Oh well, it keeps the gunsmiths fed.

Short and Fat was in vogue, but reliable feeding is an issue, as is ammo stocking.