Originally Posted by roundoak
MB, The 154 gr Hornady InterLock SP is my all time favorite in this rifle and used it with success on Moose, deer, elk and Mountain goat.

Finn Aagaard wrote that his all-around load for the 7x57 was the 154-gr Interlock at 2600 fps. Personally, I think the 150-gr class bullets (up to 160) are pretty under-rated. J. O'Connor talks about the 154-gr Interlock being his all-around loading as well; Mule Deer has written positively about the 156-gr Oryx; C. Boddington's daughter has used 150-gr Sirroccos at 2700 fps (albeit out of her 7-08) on just about everything that doesn't bite back, even things that most of us would hesitate to use it on, namely eland; ; and even our own Ingwe was playing with 150-gr NBTs at 2500 fps out of his Ingwe Special, before he retired it Florida. Not wanting to further pollute the barrel with plastic tips, I sighted it in using factory 158-gr Prvi Grom at an advertised 2460 fps, and killed quite a few pigs with it, including one of my largest boars. I just ordered some 150-gr Partitions from SPS and will see how they shoot in my MRC at around 2600, although I think I already know. It's too bad that Hornady doesn't load the 154-gr Interlock for those who don't reload. I think it would be a winner.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown