ROLLY - "Before it closed, Intermountain Sports in Merridian, ID, had a display of Elmer Keith's trophies. Lots of pictures and a general good display. Again, background was missing on the mounts but at least the photo's filled in for some of the questions about who, with what, and where. "

Rolly, I'm acquainted with Gerry Sweet, who was co-owner of Intermountain Sports in Meridian. After they closed (Damn! I hated to see that great sporting goods store close!), I asked Gerry what happened to that fine collection of Elmer Keith's game heads, pictures, etc.?

He told me that they had been on loan from Elmer's son, so they took them back when Intermountain went belly up. Gerry didn't know what the Keiths did with them afterward.

I was in Intermountain many, many times, and always went over to the long wall and stared at those game heads and pictures. The word "envy," would not be adequate to my feelings.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)