Originally Posted by javman
Originally Posted by rte
Dimethyl sulfoxide is miracle substance.The AMA has worked insidiously to prevent the use of this substance.It relieves pain in minutes and promotes the healing of damage to soft tissue such as muscles,ligaments,tendons and even the periosteum,the membrane that covers the bones.

AKA DMSO, when applied you need to make sure your hands and area being treated are super clean. As if their are any contaminants on yours hands or skin it will absorb into your skin! Works pretty good though.

Sorry to go O.T. , but Jayman is right on concerning DMSO . It was originally " discovered " when two German Scientists were looking for a way to deliver Insectisides into Plants . DMSO did exactly that but it also did it to the two Scientists with pretty bad results . DMSO was a big deal maybe 40 or 50 years ago and was used by some Pro Football Teams as Pain Killers . As an example : They sometimes dunked the damaged players feet ( some with broken or sprained ankles ) into buckets of DMSO . It did kill the Pain , but then the Players would go back into the Game and really create more damage . The recommended way to use DMSO is to apply a Clean Qtip dipped in it to the affected area . Works great on a stiff neck . Not at all on Osteoarthritic Knees ( for me and a few relatives ) . Also heard it works great to prevent Blisters from burns . I would be very cautious of buying DMSO in anything but a glass container . The Chemical Grade is also very important and I doubt that info. is available to the General Public . DMSO penetrates almost every part of the body in a few minutes ( except for your eyeballs ) and most people report it gives them a Garlicky taste in their mouth . Don't know what present day take is on DMSO .