here is an article I found that I think does a good job of explaining - its from a UK perspective but he does get into some details on what to look for

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-...market-someone-uses-chronic-pain-relief/

A lot of companies also sell muscle balms and oils for rubbing CBD onto your skin, and some even stretch to CBD deodorants and CBD suppositories. I have tried a muscle rub, which does appear to ease pain, but it is hard to be sure how much of this is from other ingredients like eucalyptus oil. Dr Weisinger said: “We see no reason to limit the means of taking CBD to tinctures and capsules. Our customers’ experience with topical CBD has been excellent, as the active ingredient is absorbed through the skin.”

Ultimately, to me, the concentration and source of the CBD is more important than the manner of application.

There is still a long way to go until we discover the full medical potential of CBD, with extensive double-blind placebo trials needed to understand exactly what the compound can do. In the meantime, millions of people are finding relief and it is just a matter of navigating the market.

You need to do a little bit of due diligence before buying. If a website doesn’t explain exactly how products are sourced and produced, you can assume the company has something to hide. Find a company you trust. Read their list of ingredients and understand that the raw materials cost a lot, so until the NHS starts writing CBD subscriptions, the stuff is expensive. If you find a bottle of CBD oil for a tenner, the concentration is going to be so low that your best hope is going to be the placebo effect.

Last edited by KFWA; 04/23/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings