Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I can shoot the Glock 22 just fine. It's just that I'd rather not have to place a death grip on my handgun to keep from having to reacquire a proper two-handed hold after each shot. I get that with 9mm and .45 ACP Glocks, but not with .40 S&W (at least not with the Gen 4 Glock 22). To me, I need to put a death grip on the Glock 22 Gen 4 with my support hand to keep from needing to reacquire a proper hold from round to round. I can do it, but, like I said, I need to focus on maintaining a death grip with my support hand, and I'd rather not have to do that. That's why I prefer 9mm and .45 ACP over the .40 S&W Glocks.

But, with the new, heavy slide, Gen 5 Glock 22 and 23, I might have to reconsider. I may well give one or the other a shot.

If you can't maintain a perfect grip through fast and accurate mag dump the problem may be with the shooter. Or you can try different tools to replace training and practice. Buying new guns is fun but training is more effective if you are serious. You live in Florida, maybe you could get Deflave to help you out.

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 04/30/21.

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC