Originally Posted by allenday
I'm constantly amazed at the quality of testimony given about the performance of cartridges by guys with little or no experience with same. I know guys around here, in the "Great State of Confusion", who shoot maybe one elk or one deer with a certain cartridge - and sometimes all they've managed to kill is paper - but they still think they've got it all figured out anyway. Just incredible!

AD

Good point Allen but keep in mind alot of us hunt with friends that carry other cartridges and we can draw conclusions from their experiences while we are on safari. For example, I've never killed anything with a 300Wtby but I have the dies and have loaded for two different rifles owned by hunting buddies. I have also watched several head of game killed by my friends using their Weatherbys. Does that count as experience? I've also been in on 15+ black bear kills over the years, some of them over hounds and with a variety of cartridges. Does that count as experience? I watched a good friend of mine shoot a 600lb bull moose in WY with his '06 from a dirt road, kinda boring really. Does that count as experience? I watched another moose shot by another friend using his 338WM out of his camper door, does that count? (he hit him right in the neck bone, instant dirt nap).

As Elmer would say, "Hell, I was there!"

Me too!

MtnHtr