Rifles are such a crap shoot (no pun... bad pun...). Some shoot like crap.

I've had box-stock factory rifles, like my XCR, that you just stick ammo in 'em and go shoot great groups. I've had semi-custom rifles that were a real PITA to get to shoot. Sure makes you appreciate the good ones!

One of my "good 'uns" is a 7mm-08 Mountain Rifle LSS. I've never really bonded with it, for some reason, but I can't exactly sell off a rifle that is THAT light and shoots THAT well right out of the box, now can I... It looks like my 12-year-old daughter may adopt it as her own come next season. This season ended up getting written off due to pre-teen hormonal surges; this spring when she needed to be shooting with me, she was such a superfreak that there was just no way I was putting a gun in her hands! Wow. Who knew. Anyway, it'll make a great gun for a younger person; moderate recoil and light up front and very accurate. Glad I didn't sell it or, as I almost did, rebarrel it with a very heavy barrel and turn it into a target gun.

I don't think I've ever traded off or sold a "shooter", except a Savage Tactical .308 that I just had no use for. But then I'm a young man at age 42, still plenty of opportunity, knock on wood, to make mistakes! :-)

-jeff

Last edited by Jeff_Olsen; 09/26/07.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!