Probably most often a 38 special loaded with 158swcs over 5.5gr of Unique. It’s most often my 2” M15 but sometimes a 38/44 Outdoorsman and rarely a 2” M36.

If I’m not carrying a 38 odds are it’ll be my 5” 625. I like that I can put it on and drop a pair of moon clips in my shorts pocket and be pretty well prepared. 200gr SWCs have always worked great on pigs and snakes, I’m confident they’ll work on just about whatever else I may run across around here.

Rarely but when the mood strikes I’ve been known to pack a 1911 or a HiPower and every now and again my 1006 10mm. If I set out after small game I take my 16-4 in 32mag.

When I lived in bear country I packed a 44 magnum of some description more often than not.

I live in a target rich environment with a multitude of varmints that I’m likely to run across while out fishing, arrowhead hunting, or mushrooming. But unfortunately I also live in a meth head rich area as well so while I’m usually loaded and ready to take on a herd of pigs or take a potshot at a coyote I’m really dedicated about carrying due to the chance of two legged varmints.