Originally Posted by ihookem
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Good afternoon Sam, as everybody knows, I'm a semi-retired farmer. I never know how much I/we are going to make.
Sure you do.

Ever do YOY averages?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wabi turned out to be another RoundOak. But, I think a few members have met him in the flesh.

That’s something RoundOak couldn’t do.

🦫

There are many ROundoaks on this board. I am quite sure Wabbi is not one of them. Stop and think if Roundoak got away for 10,000 posts , and 10 yrs of bs before he was really caught , how many here are full of BS when they post their wages. I have so many times caught guys here posting picks of their wives , smoking hot ,, just to remember a pick of their wife 5 yrs ago , and the other woman was nothing like the smoking hot one. How many times have we all heard they dated smoking hot babes,, ,, but dumped them cause they were nuts??? Truth, you got dumped!! How many guys here go on the girly page and post " I would tap her in a heartbeat, " when that woman would snub them faster than they can slap a tick. LOTS of BS , not just here but on some other boards. How ROundoak got away with it, I am not sure. His bucks were plausible if he really did live in Grant co. Wis. Bucks are huge there. Had me fooled. Only one time did I think he was BSing, when he shot a REAL dandy in Dickinson co. Upper Mich. They just dont grow them that big in that sand country up there. As for me, I posted I make about $55,000 a yr. I'm self employed carpenter. I cant imagine making what many say they make here. I am likely avr. american wage. My wife makes less than me . Because of my low wages I am very frugal , cause my last day of work is one accident away. I drive 09 Impala I bought for $9700 with tax 14 months ago , 44,700 miles on it. The Truck is an 06 GMC diesel, 301,000 on it. Boat is 32 yrs old and bought it new for $2,400 for new boat , older 25 horse Merc. and trailer. I hunt just a few miles from home 95% of the time on public . I have a cabin up north on 7 ac. on the Flambeau River in NW WIs . My dad gave me 7 ac. in central wi. on a river too. We have had some inheritance that is invested. $450K? house is payed 13 yrs ago. Kids dont need me for anything. They make more than me too. It is amazing how I have to be frugal to get to $1,000,000 in a retirement account just to get $30,000 in divies and the retirement plan keeps me poor. In all honesty, I feel left out when all the relatives run off to Arizona, , California, Ireland , and wife went to Egypt to visit out daughter. I stay home . I do hunt deer a lot cause its 5 miles away. I fish close by too. Many may say I'm whining. I'm not, strangely enough, I am quite happy. I tithe 10% to my local church, pay bills and still save 30% of my gross. However, I am eyeing up a Starcraft Freedom180T / 90 horse Yammi for $30,000 after tax. ... I am sure , I could always sell it for what I payed for it so I consider it part of my portfolio, snicker.

Whining? I don't think so! You sound like a guy who's got life figured out. You must enjoy your work or you wouldn't still be doing it. You've got a successful family and get to experience the joy of giving. You've got a cabin and good outdoor activities just a few miles from home. I'd call that the American dream. Just make sure you're charging enough for your work. Many good craftsmen undervalue their skills. Oh yea, buy the boat. You can afford it and have more than earned it. Also, good call on the Impala. Give me a call if you get tired of it. Congratulations on your choices.