Originally Posted by Full3r
Lots of interesting thoughts on this. We are low income according to talking heads, however we have 6 children, newest just born on Friday. All born after we were married. I am the only income, wife stays home and raises kids and manages the house. I work as a blue collar maintence guy, stated on tools, went to night school, became a supervisor and now a project manager since I started after the military 8 years ago.

Don’t have all the fancy toys, but have 2 newer paid off vehicles, a utility tractor, a classic car and a $475k house that we should be debt free on in 2 years. Moderate(think cheap) vacations, I do as much diy house work as possible, as well as vehicles. Try not to buy a bunch of stuff that just takes up room.

Took a gross pay cut of 25k with with project management role, but I only work 40hrs a week, not on call. As a tech I would avg 1400hrs of OT. And have way more time at home. In return I make 175% per hour that I made as a tech. Also get a yearly bonus slated to be 10%. This year company did well and we got 17.5% of gross.

Spent a lot growing up and starting out but want to be able to enjoy the kids and family, and so far that is well worth the pay cut. And no even with kids we don’t qualify for any subsidies or govt help/free ins.
There is something I very much like in this post.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron