Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
The Ruger RSI is another candidate and a good looker but it's not something one wants to take out and put a beating on and rough up.

What gun do you want to "..take out and put a beating on and rough up..." ?

I've been hunting over 60 years now, birds, small game, waterfowl, deer, caribou, elk and probably a few things I've forgotten about. I've hunted the Carolina Low Country swamps, northern tundra, Rocky Mountains, Great Lakes region.... Hunted on foot, horseback, skis, snowshoes, out of trucks and quads and boats... I've trapped water and predators. I've never found it necessary to "put a beating on and rough up" my shotguns, rifles or handguns. I've got some pretty decent guns. I've got a number of them I've had for decades and used a lot. Do they have the occasional little dent, ding or scratch? Yeah, but very minor, used but not abused. I've never understood this idea that, somehow you have to abuse your equipment when you hunt hard. I do know guys who have guns all beat to hell, but it's just laziness. There are a few guys I duck hunt with who just put their shotgun in the bottom of the boat with the decoys and everything. Why? You're not going to need it when the boat's underway. I put my shotguns or rifles in a floating case when going by boat, especially in sketchy circumstances.

For me, stuff has always been hard enough to come by that I take care of it.

Mathew 22: 37-39