Originally Posted by Brad
About a year after 9-11 I was going through security at the airport here in Montana. I had a coat on that I used hunting that fall, and unbeknown to me there was a spent 300 WSM case in the pocket (completely fired, empty, and with punched primer). But TSA had a minor meltdown - they pulled me out of line, did a pat-down, and got a sheriff standing there involved. Looking the sheriff in the eye, I asked all those surrounding me if any of them knew the first thing about firearms. I explained it was left-over from elk hunting that fall, and that was how an empty brass cylinder inadvertently came to be in my pocket. I said, "this is Montana, we hunt elk." The Sheriff was sympathetic, but the TSA acted like I'd just attempted another 9-11 lol. Ultimately they confiscated the "evidence," and let me on the flight. A couple weeks later I got a letter from the FBI detailing my infraction...

I have spent time as an Airport Manager. What you experienced there was absolutely a left wing TSA staff.

Every TSA station in the country finds both fired and unfired rounds in hunting backpacks. It happens ALL THE TIME. I guarantee that airport you visited has a large bowl of bullets in the back room. As well as knives and other contraband.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.