Years ago flew from Detroit to Oklahoma the Oklahoma Bombing was several weeks prior no checked luggage just a brief case and a small carry on bag no problem....on the way back I was searched and my bag and case were rubbed with a chemical cloth to check for explosives....it was like yelling "bomb" when the machine gave a reading they shut down the check line grabbed me put on handcuffs shuffled me and my baggage to a small room asked what was in the bags I said nothing....they opened the bag and found nothing but paper work and clothes....one officer took out a knife and was going to cut the outside cover of my alligator brief case told him if he cut it there would be a law suit and the case cost more than he made in a month....
After a lot of talking and 20 minutes later what had happened was my brief case was next to my loading bench for several days and I was loading shotgun shells....some powder must have got on the brief case and with how rough alligator is stayed on the case in the small crevasse....
After that I made sure to keep everything away for the loading area that was going on a plane....