I'll share my story. 2-3 years ago we were flying from Knoxville to Wyoming heading to Yellowstone and Tetons. I have 3-4 daypack size backpacks that I use hiking and woods bumming. I loaded one of them as a carry on and carefully packed all the forbidden items in my suitcase as checked baggage.

Arrived at the airport, checked my suitcase, headed for security. Put all my items on the conveyor, headed through the scanner. Scanner didn't alert but saw a congregation of TSA agents around a backpack. My backpack. Given I checked the pack before the trip was curious what the confab was about. Was summoned by a stern looking, crewcut TSA agent and lead back into a side room. He proceeded to produce 10 loaded, 357 shells that were tucked in a hidden zippered pocket. I thought I was headed to jail, terrorist camp, the Gulag, somewhere.

Dude says "We found these 9 shells in your backpack". I looked at his hand and said there's 10 shells. He repeated over the top of his glasses "I found these 9 shells in your backpack". Then he cracked a smile and said "There is obviously only 9 because if there are 10 I need to do alot of paperwork and detain you till I'm done". I said I apparently I can't count and yes sir there is only 9 shells. We both chuckled, he put them in an envelope, and said "have a good trip." I was 'detained' about 5 mins.

One of the reasons I like living in TN - they get 2nd amendment and don't assume everyone with a gun or bullets is a terrorist. Concealed carry here is really interesting. I know more women that carry down here then men I knew when I lived in PA. Best not to be a jackass down here, nicest people on the planet- until you start being stupid. Then you'll have an issue.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.