Ok, I usually carry a GLOCK 10 mm loaded with 15 200 grain hard cast for a back up, or personal defence pistol, most times I camp or hunt far from camp, but if there was a reasonable chance ID see, or be hunting bear ID be carring my 450 marlin BLR loaded with 420 hard cast loaded to about 1700-1800fps as I can,t see useing any pistol as the primairy weapon on some threat that could and would given a chance ,kill you. now Ive have a dan wesson 445 10" super mag revolver, and while its noticably more powerful, its not nearly as handy or easy to carry as a back up, and while Id use that for deer,hogs,ELK or bear from a tree stand where theres some distance and chance to place shots correctly, for instant defence work at unknown ranges or conditions the 450 marlin caliber BLR and 10mm glock combo seems to me to be the better choice..... as going out looking to confront what could be a pissed off bear at spitting distances with a pistol alone seems foolish to me!
that and the fact the 10mm has done excellent work in the past on deer and hogs and seldom requires a second shot, I think its reasonable to assume that with 15 shots on tap from a relieable pistol and no intention of useing a pistol untill the rifles empty ,it seems like a decent choice.

Last edited by 340mag; 05/02/08.