I don,t THINK the 15 round capacity has a great advantage, thats why I pointed out the 450 MARLIN cal BLR would be my first choice, as I said "if there was a reasonable chance ID see, or be hunting bear ID be carring my 450 marlin BLR loaded with 420 hard cast loaded to about 1700-1800fps as I can,t see useing any pistol as the primairy weapon on some threat that could and would given a chance ,kill you but I also don,t see the advantage of carring a heavy caliber pistol IF youve got the 45 cal rifle....which in my opinion makes more sence to carry for protection,and Id be far more likely to be carring that glock 10mm on my belt than a heavy caliber revolver as a "BACK UP" and while its not my first choice in bear stoppers Id rather have the 10mm in my hand with its 15 shots than a 44 or 45 caliber thats far more effective in theory, if that revolvers more than likey sitting back in camp because if IM carrying the 450 marlin carbine, that would be with me,and the smaller easier to carry glock would be fasr more likey to go along, given the threat/risk.
look all IM saying is if theres a reasonable chance your going toe to toe with a bear a heavy 458 caliber fast firing carbine sure beats any handgun for potential accurate shot placement and punch when your under stress, but having a back-ups not a bad idea.

Last edited by 340mag; 05/02/08.