Originally Posted by ctviking
Do you have any photos of the bottom metal?

I don't have any pictures of the bottom metal right now but Shane say's the barreled action is finished with exception of the bolt handle and 3-position safety. James Anderson has turned some scaled down Oberndorf style handles and will be doing the safety. The way I understand it you need to make a special collor that goes inside the safety as the root isn't long enough on the mini mauser. James has done a few of these so we all decided he would be the man for the job.

The bottom metal looks a lot like a Blackburn style bottom metal with a teardrop shaped triggerguard and straddle floorplate but scaled down to fit the Mini Mauser. When I get it back I'll shot some more pics and post them.

Here is the latest set of pics. He wouldn't send any of the barreled action finished. He said he wanted it be a surprise smile. Of coarse when I get it back I'll post some.

Terry

Now keep in mind these are all custom made parts fresh off the mill. They are all made to scale with the little action. No NECG parts here, they would all be too big. None of the parts have been polished in these pictures.

Quarter rib roughed in on the custom contoured barrel.
[Linked Image]

Front sight base
[Linked Image]

Rear sight freash off the mill
[Linked Image]