that one nice mini.
i haven't done anything with the hornet project yet but i have started on a .223 mini.
its still very rough right now & i'm trying to do as much of the work as possible myself.
i'm reshaping the original stock to use as a pattern for the duplicator. i added a lot of drop & a little cast off. i may take a little bit of the drop out when the sights are added. i still have a lot of shaping left to do.
i cut the triggerguard in half right in front of the bow & raised the bow .150" then built a new front section for the trigger bow. that gave it the appearance of a drop box. i still need to cut the slot for the in the bow release & rework the back of the floorplate into a straddle.
a sako trigger fits the contour of the bow like it was made for it. i'm still debating on the safety, i have a dakota shroud but i might do a tang safety.
for sights i'm going to used banded front & banded rear one standing, one folding. the rear bridge will also get cut for a stripper clip & a single rear square bridge will be added.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]