Not sure I want to get into this, but here goes...
My gunsmith friend says there's hardly a mass produced factory rifle today that he doesn't see for repairs or fixin' of some kind. 3 of my last 7 purchases have all had SERIOUS problems right out of the box! That's 43%, and fairly typical according to him.

An A-Bolt SS (LH)in 375H&H that wouldn't shoot anything into a group! I spent $175 on it, including bedding, trigger work, recrowning the muzzle... and finally cutting the barrel down to 22". That cost 150fps and no better accuracy. It went down the road! The bore was 8/1000" off-center! Just by looking at that 4" chunk of steel, you can see the bore was off-center! (BTW, I've owned a couple other A-Bolts that were VERY fast and Very accurate!)

A Remington M673 in 350 Rem Mag... the chamber was UNFINISHED! Roughed out only and undersize! Had to be polished by my gunsmith! A floorplate that refused to stay shut and would pop open at the most critical times... like on a bear hunt when a bear was coming to my bait and it dumped the full load onto my plastic seat sounding like firecrackers going off!!! IT GOT TRADED!

An 1895 Marlin in 45-70... The follower was bent downward and wouldn't cycle loads! Back to my gunsmith... he straightened it!

So on... and so on... mad

Not a problem (so far) with my CZ 550, which I've owned for about 1 1/2yrs. laugh

Last edited by CZ550; 12/26/08.

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus