Originally Posted by Horseman
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
FYI, I still mainly shoot a BLR model 81 in .308 although that X-Bolt will get some use this year as well. wink

I still haven't quite made my mind up about that one. The stock and balance is a definite improvement over the A-Bolt, as well as the trigger.

It shoots like a champ, but I just don't think the action is as sturdy as the A-Bolt's or other rifle brands. sleep

I see cost cutting measures in certain areas of the rifle and don't like that very much, but I can't complain how it performs. However, there are some things I would change.

Neither are the equal of the older Browning FN Highpower but neither are any of today's factory rifles with the exception of Cooper IMO.

JM

JM, what configuration is your X-Bolt. I've been pleased with my two. The action is robust enough for it's intended use and I think the lightweight components make this my favorite fitting gun. They shoulder like a toy and shoot like target rifles. What's not to like? I've got a lot of guns that cost a lot more and are more collectable but the X-Bolts bring home the bacon. They've both definately outshot my Sakos hands down.

I have a new SS Xbolt in 7mm-08 , I have to say it seems to be pretty well put together. The crown is beautiful on this rifle and the barrelled action seems to have some sort of goldish tint coating on it that looks like trinyte even though they don"t advertize it> The trigger is exceptional.