Originally Posted by AlabamaEd
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by AlabamaEd
[quote=Sitka deer]The model is responsible for more personally-witnessed in-field failures than ALL other models of rifles combined. Yet only a small fraction of my rifle experiences afield include A-Bolts.

Usually the trigger groups rust to a fixed mode and refuse to fire. Often they do it in just a day or two.[/quote

WTF are you saying. More mumbo jumbo from the ABolt Haters Club.

The A Bort makes the grade as a varmint rifle, IMO. The Abort 243 WSSM won't win the Wimbleton Cup., despite being favorably twisted;

The only saving grace is its 22 Hornet Micro Medallion...shoots very well. More the tube than anything else, really.

I'd not throw Art under the player hating club......

He's prolly seen more fail in the field than you've used; just a WAG on my part, but will hedge my bets....

I'd venture to say that he hasn't seen any fail in the field and the only thing you've seen fail in the field is your xxxxx. A classic example of being "turdlike" and a sample of one.

Need to add that any of my cheesey, clubby and clunky Abolts will out shoot any of your cheesey, clubby and clunky Kimingtons at any range.

I absolutely support your right to be flat-out wrong.

Have seen multiple A-Bort trigger groups rust to the point of freezing up and refusing to fire within a week in rough weather near saltwater. I have a stainless stalker in 375H&H and have had it for most of the time since about '95 or so. I even shot a Kodiak bear with it in the spring of '96. It was not my first. It was my last A-Bolt. I have previously written about the issues with that and other A-Bolts. I have a number of other Browning firearms and have no issues with them. I suspect John Browning would flip in his grave if he knew that POS design was ever built.

Being able to shoot little bitty groups is only part of the picture. I tell folks coming to hunt near AK saltwater to bring something else. Perhaps one of the posters here that has had a failure while hunting with me will speak up about their experiences...

I suspect I have more than several rifles of the 700 flavor that will easily eclipse your best A-Bort. While they shoot reasonably well I have yet to see an A-Bolt really sing...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.