gary, the original owner told me it shot OK, not sub moa, but ok. I tried plenty of loads and not any would shoot much better then 2moa consistently. the marking in the barrel is not something that could be done by a person, it looks to be inside the metal, it was there before and after bolsa lapped it. I agree it is not sakos responsibility to warranty the guns they saell forever, afterall they are going to wear out. the part that I am beyond pissed about is paying the shipping to a repair facility, and getting a bill for it to come back with an explaination like "there is an odd mark in the barrel, but we lapped it, and it should not affect accuracy".....come on. if you call smith and wesson they take a note of the call and send a shipping label.....not transfer you to a private gunsmith and let him charge you. if they had called and told me it was out of warranty and it would cost me $125.00 to lap the bore, I would have told them to send it back and I will do it myself.

instead they tell me they think it should be better and to give it a try, if not.....send it back.

I think not.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.