Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Used rifle...scrape up the bore. Previous owner could have been a handloader..squib load bullet lodged in the bore. Put a rod in and hammered it out? I have seen it. Dirt or grit in the bore and fired it nice deep sctatches up the bore.

By a used rifle w/o inspecting and expecting the factory to suck up the buyers mistake. LOL

I don't get it.

LC

Lefty carbon I understand what your saying and I am not saying your wrong. In my opinion most of the guys that buy sako's are "gun men" and not afraid to buy guns. Why would a high end company want one there rifles floating around that will not shoot for the price of a barrel? One bad rifle could probaly go through twenty rifle guys that say "[bleep] sako never again". Its hard to say how many more guns these guys will buy in there lifetime.

I buy/sell/trade alot of guns (11 this year alone so far) and have taken my share of ass burnings. It is part of the deal. The guys buying sako's are not the guys buying deer rifles at wal-mart two days before deer season. They price there rifles high and they should not be afraid to fix one that does not shoot unless there is obvious signs of abuse.

Dink